Sunday, November 20, 2011

Whole Wheat Pancakes

I love wheat flour, I'll throw it into just about anything because I love the flavor. These pancakes have just enough wheat flavor and still a spongey chewy softness that I love about pancakes.

2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup milk
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup bread flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons melted butter

Whisk together eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla, milk and canola oil until well combined. Addd baking powder and flours, whisk. Whisk in melted butter to finish.

I cook them on an a dry electric griddle at 325, if you're cooking them in a non stick pan, cook at medium temperature. Do not put butter or oil on cooking surface if it is non stick.

Flip pancakes when outside rim starts to dry and small bubbles form in the middle.

Makes about 16 5 inch pancakes


No comments:

Post a Comment