Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Note About Vanilla Bean Paste

Seriously, buy this stuff. If you only bake cookies, buy this stuff.. if you bake every day, buy this stuff.

It will change your life. It gives everything you add it to an amazing flavor. Even if you just put a teaspoon in a milkshake or your coffee... I should work for these people since I love this product so much. I gave it to my sister for her wedding present!!!

You can buy a 32 ounce bottle on Amazon for like $35. At a dollar an ounce, it's cheaper than poor quality extract at the grocery store.

Here's the link to where I get mine. And the seller includes a small tin of their mints with your purchase. Cute touch.



5 comments:

  1. Does 1teasp of paste = 1teasp of extract?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Terra by the way, not sure why it says unknown...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! 1 tsp paste = 1 tsp extract

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lauren- I've really enjoyed your blog and all the great tips! What is the difference between paste and extract? Also, how long does this keep? I don't know how quickly I would use 32 oz.

    - Ashley Shier

    ReplyDelete
  5. The vanilla bean paste is essentially a blend of vanilla beans and extract. Which is why you can use them in interchangeable amounts. It's storage life is also a reason why I like it over straight vanilla beans. Beans themselves can dry out while the paste can be kept indefinetley! I go through about 4-5 ounces a month, so it's very worth it for me to buy in bulk. If you want to give it a try without committing to 32 ounces, they do sell it in smaller quantities. You can find smaller bottles on Amazon, or in fine Culinary Stores like Sur La Table and Williams Sonoma. The cost is about $11 for 4 ounces. Thanks for the feedback :)

    ReplyDelete